Lost an old friend tonite...

Users who are viewing this thread

JCturboT

Reaction score
It comes with deep sorrow and regret that I must proclaim that an old friend has left me.

He was with my Home from the start beginning in 1957 and has served my Family (as well as the 3 Familys here before me) well and never complained, but did his job from day to day and only let me down once in my 8 years in this home.

He was almost 50 years old to the day so let us take this time to honor him for everything he has done for the hundreds he has served.

He was truly the "Standard" which all other will be measured.

Jeff

Last edited:

JCturboT

Reaction score
:)

Tonite I removed my mint green 1957 Standard toilet and am awaiting the plumber to fix my toilet flange so I can install his new replacement...

A 2007 model Gerber Ultraflush.

I'll keep you all posted.

Jeff

gerber_21302_1.jpg

Gerber 21-302 with the Flushmate 1.6 gallon tank.

Last edited by a moderator:

Achutch

Reaction score
A toast to your Old Friend

Jeff,

I drink a toast to your departed friend and hope, if he hasn't been sent to the toilet cemetery, that he will find new life in another home (or maybe a nice vacation home) where he can continue to serve and provide relief and comfort to his new "family".

I have 4 toilets on operation (and others, antique beauties, many of them "Standard" in storage awaiting their turn on the "hot seat"). 3 of them are ancestors of your "old friend", all with the "Family Name" tattooed upon them. The two twins, the MODERNUS brothers, born in the 1930's reside in two places; one in town, the other in the mountains in my cabin. The MODERNUS in my home serves my guests, and has received many compliments from people who appreciate his handsomeness and his healthy and delightfully noisy appetite.

The oldest "Standard" is the TIFFIN, made in 1926. He resides in my mountain cabin, and like his younger brother, is waiting to be awakened in about another month to be admired and enjoyed by all who view him. He likes to gush mightly, swallow, and then gently trickle while his tank fills back up with pure mountain water

I only hope that if I ever reach their advanced age that I can look as good and be as energetic as they are!

My youngest is a Toto Drake, and like a little piggy, swallows all he's fed with one gulp.

So a toast to your "Standard", and best of luck with the "new kid in town"!

achutch

JCturboT

Reaction score
Well, it's been a week of use with the new Gerber Ultra Flush.

Here is my opinions so far...

Hard to believe that this toilet only uses 1.6 gallons per flush-everthing goes down with very little effort.

My wife runs a Daycare out of our Home and some of the children have "issues" with flushing, came home the other day to a full toilet from several children not flushing, I thought "no way is this gonna go down without several flushes" and it was all gone with one flush-impressive.

Excellent bowl cleaning, even with the kiddies-I have yet to use the toilet brush.

The only downside of the toilet (and all pressure assists) is the noise, which is definitely louder than my old gravity toilet. My kids bedrooms border the bathroom so I have to shut the toilet seat to lessen the flush noise at nighttime.My 2 1/2 year old Son even mimics the flush sound of the Gerber (which is extremely funny)!

Other than the noise, I am extremely satisfied with this toilet purchase and I can recommend it highly.

Jeff

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks