Tub & shower units

Users who are viewing this thread

jdclaytor

Reaction score
I am looking for an inexpensive tub and shower unit for a rental house (I do my own work). I have room for a 60" - 67" unit, but only have a 24" access (hall and door) to the bathroom. Does anyone have a suggestion as to manufacturer and/or model? Burning down the rental is not an option!

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Well, you cant fit a one piece into any existing room, which is why they make 2 and 3 piece "remodel" units. These fibreglass units will give good sercvice. A better choice for a rental might be an inexpensive steel tub, and glued up tub surround walls such as those by Maax, American Shower and Bath, or E.L. Mustee.

If you trulty have 67" that will make it much easier to get a new tub in without so much demolition of existing drywall. You can then fur the wall to trim out the new tub.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks