Sump Pump Goes Off Utility sink gurgles

Users who are viewing this thread

kelsmj

Reaction score
We have a house that was built in the early 70s, that we have lived in for 2 years now.
There is a sump pump in the crawl space that exits into a drain line that goes into the backyard. Our septic is on the other side of the crawl space and it empties into the front yard. We have a utility
sink in the garage, that I am assuming empties into the same drain line as the sump pump. I am not sure if this is up to code, and I am not sure if this was originally installed when the house was built.
Regardless, when the sump pump goes off, particularly after a lot of rain, the utility sink gurgles, which can be extremely annoying. It only gurgles after quite a bit of rain...sometimes the pump will go off and it wiut ll not
gurgle as much. Could I just put a drain stop in the utility sink, or would this be a bad thing to do? Any other suggestions? From what I have found on the internet...could this be a venting problem?

Thanks,
Matt

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks