(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbie Question

Ok Rancher.....blah blah blah blah blaaaahhhh...

SAM

Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by sammyhydro11
    Ok Rancher.....blah blah blah blah blaaaahhhh...
    Come on Sonny, a rebutal would be nice...

Or are you practicing for the part as the sheep?

Rancher

Rancher,
    go back to work looking for that capacitor in your 2 wire motor.

SAM

Rancher

go back to work looking for that capacitor in your 2 wire motor.
    Sonny, you're so silly sometimes... so does that 11 mean "years old"?

Here's your capacitor:

http://www.aimcdermott.com/aimcdermo...pump+motor.asp

"The new motor is available in 1/2 HP through 1-1/2 HP, 2 wire and 3 wire configurations. The 2 wire motors use a permanent split capacitor (PSC) design which draws 20% less amps than competing motors resulting in lower electrical costs and consistently quieter motor operation."

Ya see Speedbumps been real quiet because he knows the new ITT Pentair motors were a capacitor start design.

Go back to pump school Sonny...

Rancher

That motor is new to me and new to you because if it wasn't there wouldn't be a need for you to go back and edit your reply. Actualy based on your research, i think you do need to go back and edit your reply again.

SAM

Rancher

Default Must be nice to always be right!

Sonny,

Somehow I knew you wouldn't say you were wrong, it must be nice to be so young and know it all.

I put in my post in the first place because I remembered reading about it, but when you said there was no such thing and I was editing it anyway to change triac to biac so I took it out. I figured you must know what you were talking about being the licensed, insured, bonded(?) young well driller.

Everybody follow Sam's advice, because although he not always right, he's never wrong.

Rancher

Rancher,
    i simply said it was new to me. If you knew about it rancher it wouldnt have taken you so long to reply. You changed a little more than triac to biac. seems like you took out the part about the capacitor and how you can only use the pump tec with a 3 wire sub.

SAM

Rancher

i simply said it was new to me.
    I know what you said, and if you were half a man you would admit you were wrong, I have several times when I answered before I really engaged my brain...

If you knew about it rancher it wouldn't have taken you so long to reply. You changed a little more than triac to biac. seems like you took out the part about the capacitor and how you can only use the pump tec with a 3 wire sub.
    Well this is Saturday, and I have more to do around the ranch than reply to you. All I changed was triac to biac, and took out capacitor, cuz you said they didn't have them, you'll notice I didn't apologize for the error, because I hadn't made sure if it was an error.

Oh and by the way you can us the Pumptec protection box with both a 2 wire and a 3 wire pump... you must have misinterpeted what I wrote, should I go back and edit it so you understand?

Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by Rancher
    http://www.aimcdermott.com/aimcdermo...pump+motor.asp

"The new motor is available in 1/2 HP through 1-1/2 HP, 2 wire and 3 wire configurations. The 2 wire motors use a permanent split capacitor (PSC) design which draws 20% less amps than competing motors resulting in lower electrical costs and consistently quieter motor operation."
    Rancher
    Permanent Split Capacitor motors have much lower locked-rotor current, which makes them attractive for systems that are starting off solar system inverters or small generators. I did a lot of searching to find small jet pumps with PSC motors, and ended up with two Myers QD50S pumps.

Rancher,
    the pump tec thing is also what you edited. Your original response is no longer there. You originaly posted that the pump tec can only be used with three wire motors. Speedbump can confirm that because he is the one that had to correct you. I dont have to tell you anything about me being wrong because the 2 wire motors that i'm familuar with dont have capacitors. And the only reason why you know of one is because you were forced to search for it because of being checked.

sam

Thanks for all the answers

well is 4 " 320 Foot deep

25' static
    22 GPM recovery

WOW, I stayed away from this site for quite a while just because of this type of BS. Too bad things haven't changed.

Hey GMRULES, I hope you got an answer to your question somewhere in this long thread of a Pi$$ing match!

Terry, why do you let this go on?

It really turns people away from the site when we have to read about how we all have to buy CSV valves or people putting down each other.

I guess I had a wrong view of why this site is here and what it is all about. I thought this was here to get information and to help out people.

I was just wondering......

GRP

Freedom of speech is the concept of the inherent human right to voice one's opinion publicly without fear of censorship or punishment.

Yeah i wouldn't take advice from a guy that told you there is a capacitor in a 2 wire motor.

SAM
    I wouldn't want to interfere in the innocent fun of laughing children, but if you put a search engine to work, you will find any number of pages placing capacitors in two-wire pumps. (including government pages concerned with PCB leakage from old pump capacitors) They weren't all run with split-phase motors.

Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by gmrules
    Thanks for all the answers

well is 4 " 320 Foot deep

25' static
    22 GPM recovery
    What kind of Franklin Control box were you thinking of?

Rancher