Newbie Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Speedbump

Reaction score
Rancher,

We were talking about Franklin motors, not the new ITT/Pentair motor. Your research is useless to someone using a Franklin Submersible motor. Which is the only motor I will use until ITT/Pentair motors have been out for a number of years and the bugs have been removed. Some have gotten off track with what this conversation started with. The questions:

I am about to install New Irrigation well, not to be used for Domestic Water Just Irrigation and Yard water.

I have a few questions

Can I Leave the Pressure Tank Out in the weather? Yes

Whats the difference between 2 & 3 Wire Pumps? Start capicitors and relays vs biac switches and less starting torque which is not important unless there are abrasives that could seize the motor. In most cases, if you sand lock a pump, the start cap isn't going to help anyway.

Should I use a Franklin Control Box? Franklin being the key word here.

Can Non Burial Tanks be layed on their sides?
Yes as far as the bladder is concerned. If you want to scratch the paint up, go ahead.

bob...

R

Rancher

speedbump said:
We were talking about Franklin motors, not the new ITT/Pentair motor.
Actually we were discussing 2 wire vs 3 wire pumps. With ITT/Pentair owning, STA-RITE, Myers, Aurora, Hydromatic, Fairbanks Morse, Flotec, Hypro, Water Ace, Berkeley, Aermotor, Simer, Verti-line, Diamond, FoamPro, Onga, Nocchi, ShurDri, Edwards, Jung, Delta Environmental, Layne & Bowler, Sherwood, SherTech, SHURflo, and Riva-flo, the chance of getting one of the new ITT/Pentair 2 wire motors with the integral capacitior is probably greater that getting a Franklin motor, especially if you're a do-it-yourselfer and buy the pump at one of the big box stores.

My preference is allways the 3 wire pump, since both the capacitor or diac in the submersible pump is one more point of failure... down the well.

speedbump said:
Yes as far as the bladder is concerned. If you want to scratch the paint up, go ahead.
And to again quote Flexcon, only if the tank is 44 Gallons or smaller, and I assume their answer has to do with the bladder deforming and either breaking, or blocking the outlet.

Rancher

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks