Newbie Question

Users who are viewing this thread

R

Rancher

Must be nice to always be right!

Sonny,

Somehow I knew you wouldn't say you were wrong, it must be nice to be so young and know it all.

I put in my post in the first place because I remembered reading about it, but when you said there was no such thing and I was editing it anyway to change triac to biac so I took it out. I figured you must know what you were talking about being the licensed, insured, bonded(?) young well driller.

Everybody follow Sam's advice, because although he not always right, he's never wrong. :p

Rancher

Sammyhydro11

In the Trades
Reaction score
Rancher,
i simply said it was new to me. If you knew about it rancher it wouldnt have taken you so long to reply. You changed a little more than triac to biac. seems like you took out the part about the capacitor and how you can only use the pump tec with a 3 wire sub.

SAM

R

Rancher

sammyhydro11 said:
i simply said it was new to me.
I know what you said, and if you were half a man you would admit you were wrong, I have several times when I answered before I really engaged my brain...

sammyhydro11 said:
If you knew about it rancher it wouldn't have taken you so long to reply. You changed a little more than triac to biac. seems like you took out the part about the capacitor and how you can only use the pump tec with a 3 wire sub.
Well this is Saturday, and I have more to do around the ranch than reply to you. All I changed was triac to biac, and took out capacitor, cuz you said they didn't have them, you'll notice I didn't apologize for the error, because I hadn't made sure if it was an error.

Oh and by the way you can us the Pumptec protection box with both a 2 wire and a 3 wire pump... you must have misinterpeted what I wrote, should I go back and edit it so you understand?

Rancher

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
Rancher said:
http://www.aimcdermott.com/aimcdermott/news+-+productsevents/mcdermott+promotes+the+new+faradyne+pump+motor.asp

"The new motor is available in 1/2 HP through 1-1/2 HP, 2 wire and 3 wire configurations. The 2 wire motors use a permanent split capacitor (PSC) design which draws 20% less amps than competing motors resulting in lower electrical costs and consistently quieter motor operation."
Rancher

Permanent Split Capacitor motors have much lower locked-rotor current, which makes them attractive for systems that are starting off solar system inverters or small generators. I did a lot of searching to find small jet pumps with PSC motors, and ended up with two Myers QD50S pumps.

Sammyhydro11

In the Trades
Reaction score
Rancher,
the pump tec thing is also what you edited. Your original response is no longer there. You originaly posted that the pump tec can only be used with three wire motors. Speedbump can confirm that because he is the one that had to correct you. I dont have to tell you anything about me being wrong because the 2 wire motors that i'm familuar with dont have capacitors. And the only reason why you know of one is because you were forced to search for it because of being checked.

sam

GRP

Reaction score
WOW, I stayed away from this site for quite a while just because of this type of BS. Too bad things haven't changed.

Hey GMRULES, I hope you got an answer to your question somewhere in this long thread of a Pi$$ing match!

Terry, why do you let this go on?

It really turns people away from the site when we have to read about how we all have to buy CSV valves or people putting down each other.

I guess I had a wrong view of why this site is here and what it is all about. I thought this was here to get information and to help out people.

I was just wondering......

GRP

Wet_Boots

Sprinkler Guy
Reaction score
sammyhydro11 said:
Yeah i wouldn't take advice from a guy that told you there is a capacitor in a 2 wire motor.

SAM
I wouldn't want to interfere in the innocent fun of laughing children, but if you put a search engine to work, you will find any number of pages placing capacitors in two-wire pumps. (including government pages concerned with PCB leakage from old pump capacitors) They weren't all run with split-phase motors.

R

Rancher

gmrules said:
Thanks for all the answers

well is 4 " 320 Foot deep

25' static
22 GPM recovery

What kind of Franklin Control box were you thinking of?

Rancher

GMrules

Reaction score
dunno all I know is once I did it before and I needed a franklin control box

is one better then the other??

BTW this is on the 2nd pump and tank install of my life so I know nothing
really just what I have read and done the first time I did it.

thanks to all u brainiach's I am learning alot here on this board:) :)

R

Rancher

sammyhydro11 said:
the pump tec thing is also what you edited. Your original response is no longer there. You originaly posted that the pump tec can only be used with three wire motors. Speedbump can confirm that because he is the one that had to correct you.
Sonny, you're wrong again... when are you going to be a man and admit you were wrong...

I edited my first response at: "Last edited by Rancher : 03-23-2007 at 03:26 PM"

Speedbump left his response at: 03-24-2007 at 06:14 AM

Do the Math, almost 15 hours later...

Speedbump mis-read my response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmrules
Should I use a Franklin Control Box?

Only with the 3 wire pump, unless you are thinking of a pumptec pump protector, then only if your well pumps dry.

I was unsure of whether gmrules was speaking of a control box, or a pumptec box, both made by Franklin and both the same size.

Sonny, basically, you're just always wrong.

Rancher

R

Rancher

gmrules said:
dunno all I know is once I did it before and I needed a franklin control box

is one better then the other??
A control box is used with a 3 wire pump, I think a 3 wire pump is better because there is less down the well to break.

For your application I would go with a:

Flint and Walling 10 GPM 3/4 HP STAINLESS Steel Complete Submersible Pumpwith Stainless Steel Pump Case and Ends

A 20 gallon AT-66 Bladder tank (20 gallon)

Hang it on 300 psi 1" poly pipe.

And this would be a perfect application for a CSV valve.

Don't buy a pumptec, you don't need one.

You can get all this stuff at:

http://www.deanbennett.com/

And they will help you out for what kind of fittings, gauges, tees, etc that you will need.

Rancher

Sammyhydro11

In the Trades
Reaction score
Do you have a screend 4" well?Who did your pump test and what kind of drawdown did they get? How much water are you looking for? 300psi polly?? 1" 160lb would be more than enough. I have never priced 300lb polly but it has to be outragous. Your pump test results,the type of well you have,and what you demand for water determines what size pump you need.

SAM

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
Cookie said:
Freedom of speech is the concept of the inherent human right to voice one's opinion publicly without fear of censorship or punishment.

Freedom of Speech in the context of the US constitution prohibits only the government from restricting your speech.

There is no protected right to freedom of speech in a privately owned forum such as this, or even in many government forums where the public may be authorized to attend but not participate.

Raucina

Reaction score
With the working pressure at 40-65 and head, 160 psi is low and 300 high. 200 psi poly would seem correct. You could use 160 with some risk as the temperature is low of course in the hole. If you add a CSV up at surface, then you probably would blow out the 160 pipe.

You would probably be heading toward schd 80 jointed pipe then...

About control boxes, Franklin will offer you a Capacitor start box AND a CSCR box - the CSCR uses two capacitors -start and run, has lower FL amp draw and may reduce vibration at the motor. The CSCR box is about 50% more in cost, a good choice.

I would only use a 2 wire pump in a shallow well that was easy to pull by hand, but for myself, I never use them.

Cookie

Reaction score
I guess it is all determined by how ONE would define this, Bob. What are you objecting to? I am not sure I understand your comment Bob.

Censorship is the removal or withholding of information from the public by a controlling group or body. Typically censorship is done by governments, religious groups, or the mass media, although other forms of censorship exist. The withholding of official secrets, commercial secrets, intellectual property, and privileged lawyer-client communication is not usually described as censorship when it remains within reasonable bounds. Because of this, the term "censorship" often carries with it a sense of untoward, inappropriate or repressive secrecy.
Censorship is closely related to the concepts of freedom of speech and freedom of expression. When overused, it is often associated with human rights abuse, dictatorship and repression..
The term "censorship" is often used as a pejorative term to signify a belief that a group controlling certain information is using this control improperly or for its own benefit, or preventing others from accessing information that should be made readily accessible (often so that conclusions drawn can be verified).

I am not a lawyer, just a reporter.

*Aren't you glad you live in a country where you can speak out Bob? I sure am. I have seen other countries where one can't and believe me, some are not even a nice place to visit. let alone, hang your hat. Some countries would jail you for saying...boo ( hoo hoo) lol. Only kidding here.

Last edited:
R

Rancher

Raucina said:
200 psi poly would seem correct.
Yep you're right, typing to fast again, left out some words, I ment 200 psi poly at 300'.

Rancher

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
Cookie said:
I guess it is all determined by how ONE would define this, Bob. What are you objecting to? I am not sure I understand your comment Bob.
I'm not objecting to anything.

Some people argue that the constututional right of "freedom of speech" prevents private owners of public forums from limiting the speech or writing of people participating in those forums.

The US constitution has no effect on private parties prohibiting speech on properties that they own, as for example on this or any other forum.

Cookie

Reaction score
That would be a good question for a lawyer.
** The right kind of lawyer, one versed on Constitutional Law.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks