Venting sink in island

Users who are viewing this thread

mamato2girls

Reaction score
My kitchen sink is going to be in an island. My dishwasher will also be in the island, directly to the right of my sink. I think that I need to make a loop vent under the island, with both legs of the loop going under the floor, the drain dying into my drain line & the vent line ending higher than the drain & traveling to where it can go up a wall to the kitchen vent stack. My vent stack will be about 6 feet away I think. I will make sure the slope is sufficient. My question is, how does my DW tie into all this? Do I need to leave sufficient room between the sink & DW for the loop, or I guess I could put it on the left side? Sorry if this makes no sense. I am very much an amatuer trying to find some guidance. Thanks so much!

index.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
If the sink is going to have a disposal, use the knockout provided...
If not, ensure you run the drain low enough in the island vent system to include a dishwasher wye tailpiece in your sink drain...
Make sure you either run the DW to an above counter airbreak or at least a high loop before attaching it to the drain...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks