Copper water tube.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Dan Pick

Reaction score
Has to be the oldest plumbing question in the book, but I can't seem to find a direct answer. 1/2" CWT L or M (red or blue) for residential application? Running new supply lines for shower valve, wet bar, laundry sink and washer hose supply box this weekend. Any preferences. guys? Seems to run about 40% more for the thick wall type "L". Do I need it?

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
personally I would never run type M in my house even though it is allowed by code...
I don't like the thin-walled type M tubing tor pressure piping...

enriquehobart

Plumber
Reaction score
When replacing pin holed (M Copper pipes) we are replacing them with (L). I have not done the reading on whether or not this is a real solution or a "thicker band-aid". These (L) replacements have occured at repair calls.

When I have been on partial or whole house re-pipe jobs the M copper has all been replaced with CPVC.

Kordts

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would install what the local requires. The town I live in requires L, about half the towns I work in require L.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks