Just Curious...

Users who are viewing this thread

dwells

Reaction score
I was thinking about my 400 foot well and a few technical questions came to mind. Any answers??

Assuming there is over 500 gallons of water in my well tubing , which comes to over 3,500 pounds of water(!!), ..

1. How is the piping securely attached to the top of the well with all that weight?

2. If the pump needs pulling, how is that accomplished? Is the water somehow drained?

3. How is the pump attached without ever coming off!

4. How do sediment/sand/small particle ever come out at the user end since gravity should always pull it to the bottom especially after non-used periods?

thanks......David

Speedbump

Reaction score
I was thinking about my 400 foot well and a few technical questions came to mind. Any answers??

Assuming there is over 500 gallons of water in my well tubing , which comes to over 3,500 pounds of water(!!), ..

1. How is the piping securely attached to the top of the well with all that weight? The well is a hole in the ground, the pump hangs on smaller pipe that wouldn't weigh near that much and is attached to either a well seal or pitless adaptor.

2. If the pump needs pulling, how is that accomplished? Is the water somehow drained? No, a pump hoist is used by a professional Well Driller/Pump installer.

3. How is the pump attached without ever coming off! It is tightened to the droppipe with pipe wrenches.

4. How do sediment/sand/small particle ever come out at the user end since gravity should always pull it to the bottom especially after non-used periods? If your using this for the first time, the well should be pumped off outside at it's highest possible flow rate to remove cuttings and material that may have gone to the bottom. What's left won't be a problem unless someone drilled you a sandy well. (I hope that's not the case)

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks