Crimp Rings VS. Compression Fittings

Users who are viewing this thread

Desperado

Reaction score
I'm being told very different things by different people. I'd like so see if I can swing the balance. I'm completing my basement bathroom and have ran PEX pipe. All connections have crimped. I've suddenly been told that compression fittings are better - when at the beginning of the project I was told the exact opposite... Sheesh.
So group... what's what!!!!

Clayton

Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
PEX

Compression connections are not approved for use in concealed locations in many parts of the country.

What PEX manufacturer recommends to use compression fittings instead of crimp or other connections such as Wirsbo propex or Rehau everlock on their PEX tubing?

Compression connections have their use in a plumbing system, but to install a complete water distribution system using compression fittings would not only be unwize and asking for potential leaks but be against code in many places.

:rolleyes:

EDIT: Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the ever popular FlexPex system with Flair-it fittings. Its 2 - 10 yr. warranty really competes with the 25yr warranty of other systems too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks