Gerber Dual Flush question

Users who are viewing this thread

JCturboT

Reaction score
Hoping Terry or anyone can answer this question-

I am looking into purchasing a Gerber Ultra Flush Dual Flush toilet model #DF-21-312 this week and had a question regarding the flush handle...

Do you push the handle down for #1 and up for #2 or is it the opposite?

Thanks,
Jeff

Gerber Dual Flush and the WDI EcoFlush tank

wdi_ecoflush_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
hope this helps: people always figure out the "buttons" when they see them.

it's like "knowing" what Fast Forward is, on a VCR.

FWIW, that concept (a button for Play, and then next to it a button for Fast Forward) never existed before anywhere in the entire history of all civilization (true, i kid you not!) and yet everyone got comfortable with it once they had to use it.

Two buttons is not a challenge except when you try to discuss it blind without having experienced it first hand.

Two options to push to flush big or small is an easier concept that a Fast Forward button next to a Play button.

david

JCturboT

Reaction score
geniescience said:
hope this helps: people always figure out the "buttons" when they see them.

it's like "knowing" what Fast Forward is, on a VCR.

FWIW, that concept (a button for Play, and then next to it a button for Fast Forward) never existed before anywhere in the entire history of all civilization (true, i kid you not!) and yet everyone got comfortable with it once they had to use it.

Two buttons is not a challenge except when you try to discuss it blind without having experienced it first hand.

Two options to push to flush big or small is an easier concept that a Fast Forward button next to a Play button.

david

David,
I understand the "buttons" used on toilets like the Caroma.

But, the Gerber uses a handle like a regular toilet, and I am assuming down is for the 1.1 gallon flush and up is for the 1.6 gallon flush.

Jeff

JCturboT

Reaction score
Scott said:
Typically, and in Gerber's case, it's down for the normal flush-volume and up for the reduced flush-volume.

Scott,
I was hoping it was that way but just received word from Gerber that it is just the opposite.

"Jeff
That is exactly how the unit works. When you push the handle down, in the normal manner, you get the 1.1 gallon flush. When you push the handle up you get the 1.6 gallon flush. Please let me know if you have any other questions."

Jeff

JCturboT

Reaction score
Scott said:
Thanks for setting me straight, JC. :eek:

I could have sworn the one I saw at the IBS in Orlando was a "lift for less" configuration.

Scott,
I wish it was that way as well-it would make it easier for my household.

Jeff

GCK4444

Reaction score
TO ALL OF YOU WHO OWNS ANY ECOFLUSH PRESSURE-ASSISTED TOILETS,

You will have nothing but problems! These EcoFlush pods' have many many changes all the time. They are trying to bandage all the design flaws and quality problems. If you call their Technical Supports, they have only 2 guys working there and had been LYING to the customers that nothing wrong with those pods!!! Hopefully, NONE of you are being fooled to pay the shipping charge when the damm thing is defective! These EcoFlush B8104, B8106 and B8100 pods do not work like Terry said. They leak, water-log, have hissing sound from the pinholes, have cracks, and other failures.

Someone in the plumbing industry mentioned this WDI/EcoFlush engineer, who left Pfisher/Stanley Black & Decker and went to work for WDI. This engineer is so frustrated with his new bosses because they have no clue in management. They just pushing him to lie to their customers (American Standard, Zurn, Gerber, Mansfield, Crane, and others) that everything is OK. The higher up, Kevin Oak, CEO of the company writes like a 3rd grader. How can any reputable company be running by an idiot? This speaks alot about their products....

EcoFlush and WDI are owned by a chinese company, WDI, located in china. They use WDI International Inc. in the states. STOP BUYING CHEAPLY MADE IN CHINA CRAPS! Go with SLOAN, NOT the copycat pods from EcoFlush. They have quality pressure-assisted products and are proudly Made in USA!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks