Indentifying a shower valve

Users who are viewing this thread

stomponit

Reaction score
Hey all,
Trying to identify a shower valve with no markings. Making an attempt to post a picture. I said an attempt. PC,s arn't my strongest field so bare with. Apologies if I fail and thanks if you can help.

Attachments

• Faucet_2026[1] (2).jpg
    Faucet_2026[1] (2).jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 279

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Aw, shucks. Can't you give us a hard one to work on!

Just kidding, but this is an extremely common valve...a Moen legend pull-out. The handle comes off by removing the round cap ( pry it with a knife) then take out the screw. A sleeve will then pull out, to expose the tip of a bronze retaining clip. After turning off main water supply, you can pull out that clip, then pull out the cartridge. Sometimes a special puller tool is needed if it is stuck.

The handle and cartridge are readily available and inexpensive. The square escutcheon may be harder to find, but a round plate can be used.

Your handle is an aftermarket replacement, which is why it doesn't say "Moen" on it.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
That's the small black cap in the middle of the clear one...sometimes it is a pain to get something underneath the edge without marring things, so be careful.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks