Plumbers Link

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
While I was fixing the toilet, putting in a new handle and the arm inside which connects to the chain? Well, I was one link, short for it to reach the flapper? So, I used a paperclip. It works great. I wonder, if I could sell them to the plumbers store, Home Depot etc, for a buck a piece, marketed under the name of a Plumbers Link. lol. :D

*They could come in different sizes, small, medium, or large, or extra-large; come in different colors, plastic, or metal... lol (i know my paperclips)

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Yeah, if only they didn't rust.

I went into one home, and they had used papers clips for the whole chain. It rusted out eventually.
It was on a rental, and the landlord had done that instead of just replacing the flapper.
Of course the flapper was leaking so bad that the tank had sweated and was dripping all over the floor,
But no problem, he just mixed in hot water with cold to the tank.
I can't even begin to guess how much the renters were paying for water to leak past the old crummy flapper for all those years before the guy died and the son of the landlord called me to fix the toilet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks