Shower pipes came unanchored

Users who are viewing this thread

rpclmc

Reaction score
A couple of questions;
1) I think my shower pipes have become unanchored. How do I determine if this is the case before tearing out the wall? When turning on the shower it runs fine and makes no noise for about 3 minutes and then starts banging very loudly. I have seen no evidence of any water leaks. We do have hard water.
2) If I do have to tear out the wall to get to the pipes; how do I remove a cultured marble piece without destroying it in an effort to reuse it? It is one piece about 4 feet wide by 5 feet tall.

Linda

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
What kind of shower control valve do you have? Sometimes, if it has a washer in it, those can be a little loose and vibrate. It may be as simple as replacing the washer.

rpclmc

Reaction score
I don't know what kind of control. I was kind of messing with it today (jiggling it - you know the girly kind of fix) and it seemed to get better. So maybe that is it. I will have my husband look at it when he gets home.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Linda

rpclmc

Reaction score
It is one handled shower control.

We have taken 2 showers in there with no noise, so hopefully it was just an air bubble that worked its way out. I am keeping on eye on it to make sure it doesn't leak.

Linda

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks