Search for Quality Parts

Users who are viewing this thread

dwells

Reaction score
I have been greatly disappointed in the quality of manufactured items especially from China. It seems like lately everything I have installed is cheap and defective. For motion sensing security lights to recently the tiolet refill unit. I went to Lowe's the other day to replace a slow filling unit and decided to go with an American made unit of a different design and within 5 days it quit working-- would not shut off the filled tank!!

Any suggestions before buying another one???

dwells

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
1. move to Switzerland or to Singapore
or
2. lobby the Chinese to stop treating their human cattle as slaves to be worked to the bone and let a far larger portion of the $100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 they have accumulated trickle down to the people. The whole world can spend a more reasonable price to buy anything that is now currently being dumped at below anyone else's cost of materials price.

david

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
parts

Be more selective about the brand of item you buy. Made in America is good, but that does not automatically mean the device itself is superior to others.

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
In my own experience, the big stores simply cannot match the overall quality and service received at the local mom-and-pop hardware store where the actual owner works right out on the floor. But, such places and people are now nearly extinct.

Dixiedoodle

Reaction score
Couldn't agree with you more. The quality of the bulk of consumer items (irregardless of the country of manufacture) is sorry, sorry, sorry 95% of the time. As far as fixtures, try Danze. We found that they offer very good quality for the $ -- best bang for the buck that we could find, hands down. We also have been happy with Toto, Perrin & Rowe and Rohl. Ditto for fireclay sinks by Shaws of Darwen (sold through Rohl). Also, most Kohler offerings are good, in our experience, although significantly more $ than Danze.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
hardware

When customers are only concerned about price, and that is the majority of them, then the hardware store that tries to stock quality will quickly go out of business.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks