Chain

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a toilet where the chain gets stuck under the flapper. I have put a new chain on it, and also, tried the fishing line. It still gets stuck, and I have tried adjusting the lenght as well, when it gets stuck under it, the toilet just runs and runs. Any advice? Thank you.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Cookie, in my experience, if the chain can get stuck under the flapper, it always means there is too much slack in the chain. Take a second look at that, post a picture if you can.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Adjust the chain so that when the handle is in its normal position, there is maybe one link of slack between the handle's lever and the flapper valve. Then, there should be no way for it to get caught under the flapper valve.

Dan Pick

Reaction score
To remove the trip lever in a toilet .........remember they have left hand threads. Tighten in the normal direction to loosen left handed threads.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks