Sloan valve NO service

Users who are viewing this thread

MarkHash

Reaction score
Hi, when I remodeled by two bathrooms in the mid ninetys I used rookie 1.6 gallon toilets. Since they don't function with single flushes and have been my misery and house guest's embarassment I swore when I built my lakehome that I would install commercial toilets. Following great advice here and through savy e bay shopping I have aquired a new kohler top spud toilet, a sloan auto flush valve, and and a Amtrol RP15 pressure booster system (for little more than the cost of shipping I might add). I have my camp garage workshop structure up with as-of-yet no internal framing, and the septic tank is installed and half filled with water. So I'm ready to "go" so to speak. I also have a RV style pressure booster system with a 1 gallon accumulator tank that I bought with the intention of driving a shower, and a Ace in the Hole sump pump with the intention of feeding a gravity tank in the rafters. The eventual well will be able to produce the over 10 gpm in the RP15 requirement specs, but for now I only have a gravity tank arrangement. The toilet will require a small amount of water at high velocity, which from this forum the best guess is that the RP15 will handle that. My question as how I can simulate the city water feed for short instances to start and after each flush. I think the RP15 spec call for 10psi min and 15gpm minimum. My sump pump is rated over that. Anyone have any ideas? I have PLC programming & motor control experience so I could automate these devices with pressure, limit or flow switches in the piping to and fro. I will dual post this in the toilet and pump sections. TIA!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It is my understanding (by no means a pro) that those toilets and valve need a relatively huge supply line when compared to normal domestic use. A typical small accumulator tank just won't have the inlet or outlet to support the velocity and pressure you need.

While I applaud your ingenuity, but you'd probably be much better off with a well-designed toilet designed for your circumstances than trying to cobble up a kludge you are planning that nobody is likley to be able to fix when the time comes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks