gould pump and pressure switch

Users who are viewing this thread

jim.weatherup

Reaction score
I am having some problems with my pump and pressure switch. It was drawing air, I replaced my footvalve and that problem cleared. Things went well for a while, then it wouldn't go any higher on the gauge than 23 lbs, pump ran continuously. I have been told not to go above 20 pounds as a low start, why is this? If I had the pump start at 35-40 and high limits at 55 or so, the pump may run more times but would run shorter times.
Also, when I loosened the tube to the pressure switch until water came out, did this a couple times, got the pressure up. So I assume that there is some debris that got loose during my first problem. So I guess my question is the easiest way to clean that tube and readjust my switch? There is no cover on the pressure switch, so I am not sure which is high and low. It appears to be square d , is a 1/2 horse 110 volt ao smith goulds pump.
Didn't mention that this is on a driven well point, about 25', 3/4" plastic inside a 1 1/4" pipe. Pump seems to run too long between high/low, about 4 minutes. Never runs out of water, doesn't pump dirt.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks