Pressure valve stuck open

Users who are viewing this thread

rspainhower

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have a shut off valve that is my sprinkler line pressure release. (see pics) It is the insides are stuck in the open position. I can turn the knob to open and close but it will still allow water to pass through. If it is in the closed position the water pressure is not as high as if it is in the open position. What do I do?

Attachments

• DCP_0502.jpg
    DCP_0502.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 398
  • DCP_0505.jpg
    DCP_0505.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 388

Coz

Reaction score
shut off the water drain it down and change it. it looks to be a compression fitting.

Kordts

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would swap out the valve for an identical one. As the previous poster stated it's a compression stop. It looks like a cheapo 1/4 turn type. I would install a Brasscraft 1/4 turn stop.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

Now that we have your drain valve problem solved, what is that ball valve on the main line? If that is your irrigation system control valve throw it away and install the REQUIRED pressure backflow preventer, or reduced pressure principal backflow preventer, whichever your area requires, between the house system and the irrigation system.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks