Replacing one-piece form-factor shower and tub

Users who are viewing this thread

bshanahan

Reaction score
Hi there, I am interested in replacing my one-piece plastic form shower and tub. It was the rage in the mid to late 80's but is cracking in spots now. What is the best way to remove the old liner and replace it with real tub.

Thanks,
-B

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You'll have to remove some of the drywall around it to reveal the edges. Unscrew it or pull out the nails. Disconnect the fixture and drain, then you should be able to drag it out. BUT, I'd take a sawsall and cut it into more manageable sized pieces. In nearly all cases, the one piece systems are put in place once the house is closed in and before most framing is done - they are just too unwieldy to try to maneuver into place otherwise. Make sure you don't cut any wires or pipes in the demolition process.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Sawzall.

And plumbers do not use the term "form factor"!!! That is for engineers and architects.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks