Adding half bath

Users who are viewing this thread

barryw

Reaction score
Hi. I plan to replace all of the galvanized pipes in my house and add a half bath on the second floor.
I have attached a diagram of the existing drains and vents as well as my proposed second floor half bath. I want to run a 3" drain for a second floor toilet and sink and tie the vent into the existing 4" stack. Will this work?

To clarify, the bath tub and sink are vented through a 'common vent?',
the basement sink vent also vents a basement toilet not on the diagram.

I didn't draw to scale or consider connectors, I am only concerned with the flow at this point.
Thank You!

Attachments

• plumbing.jpg
    plumbing.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 2,383

Randyj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Looks okay to me... I would use wye's rather than tees on all the drains.

barryw

Reaction score
Great thank you.
My next task is to figure out the proper fittings to use.

barryw

Reaction score
Is it possible to drain the new second floor toilet into the existing 4" stack and revent all fixtures below it - as opposed to running a new 3" stack and tying into the base of the main stack.

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
quick rendering...

Here is a quick rendering...
a few views - one of al pipe and then broken down by floor as the whole think is confusing...

Attachments

• view1.jpg
    view1.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 1,174
  • view4mainFlr.jpg
    view4mainFlr.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 1,119
  • view5Bsmt.jpg
    view5Bsmt.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 1,085
  • view62ndFlr.jpg
    view62ndFlr.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 1,080

barryw

Reaction score
Great thanks for the pictures.
I think I am going to have to just add a three inch DWV from the second floor. I own a cape cod/bungalow style house so the entire upstairs is basically open, which leaves very few areas to hide additional vent pipes.
So I am going to redraw everything with a couple of changes..thanks again.

barryw

Reaction score
Ok here is my latest diagram.
Its not to scale so it looks spread out, but that was the only way to fit everything in.
I plan to replace everything with PVC except for the basement sink/basement toilet vent and drain.
I plan to use 2" drains for the first floor and 1.5" for second floor LAV; 2" vents.
Hopefully most of my connections are correct.
Thanks,
Barry

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks