Shower Shocking Me

Users who are viewing this thread

IUSEN20

Reaction score
What Would Cause You To Get Shocked While Taking A Shower When U Touch The Faucet Knobs

Thanks

Mike

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
shock

Something short circuited to the water piping and the piping is not grounded. It could be a defective water heater element, or it could be something entirely different, but there is no question that you have to find the problem.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
thats always a bad thing

Getting shocked while being in the shower
is not a healthy situatioin and wise to get an
electrician out there asap.....

I wonder how rare or often someone is found dead
from something like that??

I wonder how much juice would it take to knock you on your butt
when you are completely wet and grounded good??

And how much would it take to send you to the undertaker?

Last edited by a moderator:

Khayes

Reaction score
I've never been shocked, but this was interesting. I have a half-bath downstairs directly under an upstairs bathroom. I was replacing the light fixture over the sink downstairs when I discovered that the electricians had used a drywall screw to attach the electrical box (metal) to the pvc drain from the upstairs bathroom! I'm no expert but it seems that if there was a short or wire touching the metal box and someone released the drain in the upstairs tub, then there could be a dangerous situation. Anyway, I relocated the electrical box and repaired the pvc drain. When you move into a new house, who would think about checking all of the electrical boxes in the baths?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks