(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: TOTO Dartmouth water spot = TOTO Drake water spot?

  1. #1

    Default TOTO Carrollton water spot = TOTO Drake water spot?

    I'm probably getting pretty anal here, but where else could one even think of asking such a question?

    One would think the TOTO Carrollton and TOTO Drake are close cousins since they both use G-MAX technology. A large water spot (10-1/4" x 8-5/8") is claimed for the Drake in one of Terry Love's reviews, but I have never considered our Carrollton's water spot a large one. It usually flushes on one try IF you're willing to stand there and hold its hand for 3 seconds, but the skid mark syndrome is definitely more common than it was on the high-gallonage throne which the TOTO replaced. The pressurized Glenwall in the basement has much better bowl wash, but it should be rated PG-13 for violence.

    Anyway, since most of the TOTO praise on this forum seems to be for the Drake model, I was just wondering whether Carrollton is supposed to perform as well as Drake or whether it is a comparative underachiever.
    Last edited by Terry; 12-08-2008 at 06:04 PM. Reason: It's a Carrollton, not a Dartmouth...

  2. #2
    Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Bothell, Washington
    Blog Entries


    Anything G-Max from Toto will be very similar in performance.
    The bowl design is common across the line.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts