Testing PVC Pipes Under Concrete Slab

Users who are viewing this thread

Fran

Reaction score
Could someone please tell me who oversees the plumbing contractor to make sure that Foam Core PVC is not used under a concrete slab? Are there any inspectors involved who check the accuracy of the plumbing work? In a previous message I was told that Charlotte Schedule 40 Foam Core PVC is fine to use in a new custom house, but it is not to be used under the concrete slab. There is Foam Core sticking up from the concrete slab. What do we do next?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Testing PVC Pipes Under Concrete Slab

You should contact your local building inspector and have him check it out. You should also check your contract and verify with the inspector and contractor that the materials used are up to code and are what were specified in the contract. Do this now before more work is done that might have to be undone to met code/contract, and certainly before you accept the house.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
pvc

The inspector verifies that the material used is the minimum required by the code. The contractor would be responsible for anything better than the minimum if it is specified in the contract. If that "upgrade" is not furnished then the question would be who accepted the upgrade. If it was the general contractor, but the plumber's contract specified "to code", then the general is responsible. If the plumber specified Sch40 and did not install it, then he is responsible and should either replace it or give a "substantial" rebate as "punishment" for deviating from his agreement.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks