Adding drain line to sewage basin, can I use the vent?

Users who are viewing this thread

Longwood

Reaction score
I have a basement pit with a sewage ejector that serves a basement bath. I want to add a wet bar to the basement and the best method I have for plumbing it is to use an undercounter type basin and pump to pump the grey water to the pit where it will then be pumped by the sewage ejector. The question is how to add the line to the pit.

The pit has 2 inch waste and vent lines. the new line is 1 1/2 inch. My thought was to t into the vent line a few inches above the sump, thus the last 8 inches or so of the vent would be a wet vent. The only other option would be to drill a new hole in the lid and I am concerned as to how make that seal.

Thoughts are appreciated.

Prashster

Reaction score
I have done both methods to the satisfaction of my inspector. You will still have to vent the sink or greywater pump, though, no?

You can purchase a gasket to seal the 1 1/2 line if you choose to go thru the lid.

IMHO, if you can, position your sink closer to the pit, so you can eliminate the gw pump to the ejector.

Longwood

Reaction score
Correct, I still have to vent the grey water line. That is actually the easy part with my conditions.

The Wet bar is on the opposite end of the house from the existing pit so no way to get there unless I break up 40 feet of concrete.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks