(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: The real recieved from Happy Customer

Previous member

Default The real recieved from Happy Customer

I recieved this e-mail today from an internet customer.

Hey Bob,

Just wanted to thank you for the help with our new pump & CSV valve, showers are a good thing again.
    & even doing dishes is easier now!

Included a pic of our pump/CSV just for fun.

Thanks again!
    Lee

Attached Images Attached Images  

Rancher

That's awsome, Rube would be proud.

But I'm confused... doing dishes? Isn't that's what dishwashers are for?

Rancher

Previous member

Your just jealous Rancher, because your plumbing doesn't look like that.

bob...

The system does look nice.

It would be interesting to see the how the flow/head characteristic and power consumption of a 1.5 HP jet pump with a "tricked" injector and CSV compare with a pump of the more usual size for household use.

Previous member

I'll leave that up to you Bob, your far better at that sort of thing than I am. I just know it works good and gives the desired effect at the faucets. When working with a jet instead of a submersible, you have to be creative.

bob...

Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by Bob NH
    It would be interesting to see the how the flow/head characteristic and power consumption of a 1.5 HP jet pump with a "tricked" injector and CSV compare with a pump of the more usual size for household use.
    As I told speedbump on his site, of course it works better now that he's put in a CSV... of course he also went from a normal non-tricked 1/2 HP jet to this monster.

Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    I'll leave that up to you Bob, your far better at that sort of thing than I am. I just know it works good and gives the desired effect at the faucets. When working with a jet instead of a submersible, you have to be creative.

bob...
    I thought since you apparently sold the pump and maybe other parts of the system, you might be able to furnish the characteristics. If one knew the pump characteristics, pressure switch settings, and the size of the tank, it would be possible to compare it with a more standard system. Without those characteristics, there is no way to do a comparison.

As you are aware, jet pumps don't drop off in kW as much as submersibles when they are throttled, becuase much of the flow is through the jet even when there is little discharge.

Previous member

I can post a chart of the pumps abilities at differing pressures and lifts, but all I know about the tank is what you see in the picture. It looks very much like a Flotec somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 to 60 gallon equivalent. He is pulling out of an aerator so there is no lift. The switch is set at around 50/70. Here is the test we did on the pump with a CSV1Z and a 42 gallon bladder tank with a 5.9 gallon drawdown. The amps dropped by a third on this pump.
    Attached Images Attached Images