Unifit to be tied: nasty leak from a TOTO

Users who are viewing this thread

Sepp

Reaction score
First-time poster here. Our TOTO Carrollton has developed an unpleasant leak. I pulled it out this afternoon thinking there might be a problem with the wax flange seal, but I'm pretty sure the problem is on the inlet side of the Unifit adapter. I say that because a) most of the wetness is right up against the wall behind the toilet, and b) the rubber seal which is supposed to be tie-wrapped to the Unifit thing is no longer on the Unifit thing...looks like it came along for the ride when I removed the toilet. I was just wondering whether I can get a replacement rubber seal...or do I have to buy a whole new Unifit adapter?

Attachments

• TOTOUnifit.jpg
    TOTOUnifit.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 835
Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I'd call Toto and explain the situation...they'll probably send you what you need.

cst774s-01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sepp

Reaction score
The tie-wrap was the culprit

flange_03.jpg

Actually, the rubber part looks like it will be reusable. I just need a tie-wrap that will stay tied to secure the rubber seal to the unifit adapter. The teeth on the original tie-wrap are microscopic...no wonder it came undone.

Just an FYI.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks