water pressure drops

Users who are viewing this thread

kdc43903

Reaction score
I have a 5 year old well with a goulds sub. pump and a pressure tank that is buried in the ground. The well is 165 feet deep. My water pressure gradually drops to almost nothing at each faucet in the house until the pump comes on and then pressure is fine and the cycle repeats (the pump kicks on about every 10 to 12 minutes with water running). There are no leaks in the house plumbing. I cannot see what the pressure is at the tank, as it is buried. This has just recently started.
Any ideas before I start digging would be appreciated

kdc43903

Reaction score
Bob, I did mean minutes, but the water coming out of the faucet just before the pump comes on, has very low pressure. Much lower than it had previously.

Speedbump

Reaction score
What kind of filters do you have? Not one of those so called "Whole House Filters" from a Big Box store I hope.

bob...

kdc43903

Reaction score
There is no filter. There is a water softner, but I bypassed it with same results.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Check the pressure in the bladder tank...to do this, shut the pump off, open a faucet, wait until the water stops running, the using a tire pressure gauge, check the tank. My bet is that the pressure isn't where it is supposed to be - 2# less than the turn-on pressure.

Speedbump

Reaction score
If all the above checks out, see if the pressure switch points close when they should. You could have a clogged pipe feeding the switch, which would slow down it's coming on when it should.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks