Removing Stripped Faucet Seat

Users who are viewing this thread

Bbillcee

Reaction score
ancient faucet that has a bad seat......tried getting it out with the proper tool and stripped it!

this is in a tub body behind the wall....any trick to get this seat out?!

the temp fixed i used for now was a beveled washer instead of flat.

i would also try an easy out but i have to see if its long enough to get back in there

Last edited:

Bbillcee

Reaction score
a seat tool.....one side square and the other like a pentagon shape

i'm going to buy a nipple extractor and see how that works out

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Which tool?

They have one that is shaped like an L and another that works with a ratchet.

What brand is the faucet?

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
If you can find the other type of tool and the hole is not perfectly round, or even if it is, you may be able to bang in the removal tool tight enough to get it to work. I don't think you will find a nipple extractor small enough to fit in the seat hole.

The L type extractors are junk in my NSHO. But a lot of people use them.

Go to the big, online, auction site and look up this item in the buy box.

Bbillcee

Reaction score
yes that looks very good.....i will stop by the plumbing supply and see if they have something like that

thanx

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
If the seats are round you may be able to bang in the removal tool and get it to score the seat enough so you can see the marks then if you can find a small and sharp angled file, file some corners into the seat for the tool to grab. Be carefull.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
seat

Be careful when you "bang" the removal tool, because many of those tools are too long and hit the back of the faucet. If you bang them, you will punch a hole in the back of the faucet, and then removing the seat will be a moot point because you will have to replace the entire faucet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks