Soap Fell in Toilet...Help required..

Users who are viewing this thread

peralas

Reaction score
Today an bathsoap slipped and fell inside the toilet and the toilet is now not draining. I used the regular clog and its not helpfull. Any other plumbing tools which I can use it?

Please advice me where to buy it also and how much they might cost (if you know the price) :confused: Thanks in advance,

R

Rancher

peralas said:
Today an bathsoap slipped and fell inside the toilet and the toilet is now not draining.
You should have reached in and removed it. If it's still in water eventually it will disolve. If not it will have to be snaked out.

Rancher

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Would pouring in some hot water help dissolve it faster? If it were me, I would try that - and use hot tap water, not boiling hot water to avoid cracking the bowl.

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Two days ago a customer put one of those big hockey puck chlorine tablets in the bowl, on purpose! :confused: That's where she thought it went.

Of course it clogged the toilet, a closet auger removed it.

I have to say though that it was very difficult, I was already telling the customer that they might have to buy a new bowl. I jammed the auger hard enough to crack the tablet into a few pieces. Took 15 minutes to clear.

Soap might be a great deal easier to break/remove.

A shop vac will help in its removal as well.

Last edited:

Kordts

In the Trades
Reaction score
Why would warm water dissolve the soap? When the warm water hits the cold water in the bowl it will become that temp.

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you really want to get it out quickly, stuff a hose in the throat of the toilet with some rags around it for a seal and run it as fast as it will take the water. You will erode the outside of the bar and pretty soon it will be small enough to go through the throat.

If there is enough clearance already, you can just run water into the toilet as fast as it will take it without overflowing.

Bbillcee

Reaction score
happen to come across this on another site....maybe it will help

Using a wet/dry vacuum to remove object from a toilet

Trick: I've found my wet/dry vacuum a most valuable tool. With young children in the home, something always finds its way to the toilet. Before lifting the toilet from the floor, I vacuum all water from bowl and tank. If some plastic toy is lodged inside, I vacuum from the bottom and allow string to be vacuumed through the works. Once the string is all the way through, I can tie something heavier to it, and work it through the other way. When all else fails, and I can see the object, I use my torch to melt it, being careful not to let the heat build up too much. The fumes are noxious, but it saves on buying a new toilet.

Randyj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
If the hot water heater is nearby you can use a hose pipe capable of handling the hot water and melt the soap readily. (The hot water entering will raise the temp of the water in toilet)...

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
I don't think it will melt because you run hot water through the toilet.
I don't have the patients.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks