recommendation for a shut-off for showerhead that doesn't drip?

Users who are viewing this thread

I love pizza

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm curious if anyone has a recommendation (brand name) for a push button or turn dial shutoff I can put on the shower arm to prevent the showerhead from dripping when the tub spout is running? I know a lot of these are called "volume control valves" and they never truly shut off the water, probably 90% or so, but I'm sure some are better than others, do any of you have preffered one that works better than most?

Thanks,
Phil

Lancaster

Reaction score
You must have some unusual tub/shower setup,because the diverter,whether it be on the tub spout or part of the valve itself,should shut off supply to the shower when the tub spout is supplied.
A 100%,or close to it,shower-arm volume control is not allowed because leaving it fully throttled down with the shower valve "on" would affect the pressure-balancing capabilities of the shower valve.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

You won't find one, because if they did shut off, then users would start turning off the shower using it instead of the valve handles so they wouldn't have to readjust it everytime they used the shower. And by doing that they would create a crossconnection between the hot and cold lines, resulting in messages to this board wondering why the water temperatures were so erratic.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I think Alsons makes a push /pull on / off that screws on to the end of yor shower arm and then you screw the shower head into it.

There is also a low flow shower head that comes with one built in to the shower head but it is very low flow.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks