While remodeling a bathroom (built in '52), I had to destroy the existing brass flange and soil tube in order to remove the flooring (Ok, I didn't HAVE to, but I did it anyway because I don't know what the heck I'm doing). The soil tube was lead, attached to a slightly larger pipe (not lead, not cast iron, galvinized I s'pose) which is then seated (and apparently soldered) in the cast iron closet bend.

If I can remove everything down to the closet bend, how shall I connect my new 3" PVC to the closet bend? If I can't do this, then I'll call the plumber, but I really don't want to call the plumber. $$$

I have access from above and below, and I'm picking up a Bernz0Matic this evening to begin removing the remants of the old soil tube.

Des Moines