Handle replacement on compression faucet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Lot180b

Reaction score
I recently moved into a pre-owned KBHome, and a faucet on one of the secondary bathrooms had a broken handle. The shower handle (which is mostly broken off) turns left and right to adjust temperature while there is a separate knob that rests directly on top of the handle which adjusts water pressure. However, because there's difficulty turning the temperature handle, the compression knob is tough to turn off as well.

I am having a heck of a time finding any resembling models. Does anyone have any thoughts? I really appreciate any help.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
If you could post a picture it would help.

Two valves come to mind which work as you describe ( concentric volume and temp knobs.) Delta Monitor series, which do not usually fall apart like that. And Mixet, which are somewhat flimsy. Replacement knobs and internal parts are available for both of these. We can identify from a picture, or simply take the handles to a plumbing supply and they will know what it is. Once you know what it is, you may also want to replace the internal cartridge.

Lot180b

Reaction score
Ah. It was a Mixet. Thanks a bunch, everything's all fixed now.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks