newbie with old questions

Users who are viewing this thread

mako250

Reaction score
Hi all. Looks like a great site. I did do a bunch of searching but it can get confusing with all the different questions versus answers.

I am currently renovating my main bathroom. the house is OLD with many add ons. The main sewer line is 3" pvc gong to the street with a 2" vent thru the 1st floor to roof. it was boxed in. i am now moving it inside a wall and i want to know if the vent can make 90s. does the vent need to go straight up or can i do a few angles to it to keep it in the walls?
Also i would like to know a basic rough in for a bathroom sink drain. Dont know what type of sink yet but i'm going with basic vanities. Is 20" on center good?
thank in advance

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
vent

A vent can be run anyway you desire, or have to, as long as it keeps going upward. 20" is adequate for a "normal" lavatory, but I prefer 17", because someone can always come up with one that is not normal.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks