plumbing in the basement

Users who are viewing this thread

diybasement

Reaction score
what I have in the basement is a bathroom roughed in with the sink, toilet and tube in the concrete floor. There is a bathroom above this bathroom that is not vented trough the roof. it has a studor value under the sink. The studor vent is the only vent for the 1st level batch.

The main sewage line for both bathrooms go though the basement floor. The builders should of put a vent to the roof from the 1st level bathroom, but they did not. The house was built in 2000.

Can I use a studor vent in the basement floor. plan on bring it up to amost the ceiling and going out the back wall into a closet. It is almost impossible to put a vent to the roof from the basement. I have a ranch.

I do have the option of connecting to a vent that is about 45 feet away from the basement bathroom, but i think that bathroom vents need to be within 6 feet of the toilet. I don't know what the maximum distance of a horizonal vent can be.

Second question is I will have a wet bar the will have an under the sink pump (a flotec closed box that fits under the sink) that will pump up to the current upstairs plumbing. I have two options. 1) can i connection to the 3 inch plumbing in the basement ceiling that comes off the toilet? or 2) should I extend the sink drain to another basement waste pipe that is about 15 feet away. This pipe one serves the upstairs shower, sinks and washer.

I think a pump needs a full vent to the roof. Or can I use a stodor vent?

The builders did not rough in any vents to the basement.

I have a zipped attachment of what I would like to do in the basement

Attachments

• dia_B.zip
    20.2 KB · Views: 230
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks