Vinyl siding for mobile home?

Users who are viewing this thread

goldenroadrunner

Reaction score
I am interested in some kind of exterior remodel for my 34 yr old mobile home. All of the windows leak air and/or water and the exterior is just remarkably ugly. I also need to replace the skirting. What would be the least expensive avenue? Moving isn't an option and painting it would just accentuate the negative.
Thank you,
Ginger

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
goldenroadrunner said:
I am interested in some kind of exterior remodel for my 34 yr old mobile home. All of the windows leak air and/or water and the exterior is just remarkably ugly. I also need to replace the skirting. What would be the least expensive avenue? Moving isn't an option and painting it would just accentuate the negative.
Thank you,
Ginger

Material costs aside, your project could be quite a challenge. Where regular siding goes up a wall and terminates under an overhang, your metal roof simply folds over and is sealed and fastened to the top edges of your walls. Then, your windows are fastened on top of your existing siding, with no "brick mould" for J-channel and new siding to butt against and wrap around.

To install 5/8"x4'x8' sheets of new siding material (or anything else that is thin) could be done relatively inexpensively if your windows were first pulled and someone could come up with a good plan for your roof edge ...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks