(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Diverters, Volume Controls, Thermostatic Valves!! Help!

Default Diverters, Volume Controls, Thermostatic Valves!! Help!

i'm getting ready to start a bathroom remodel and want to plumb the shower stall for a standard shower head and an overhead (ceiling) mount rainshower.

basically i want to have the temperature controlled, i need to turn the water on and off (but don't need to adjust the volume - full "on" is fine), and i want to have either the shower head OR the rainshower on 1 at a time (not both at the same time).

what do i need for this install and what is the order of installation?

hot and cold supply go to "what" control first, second, and third?

does it matter what types of valves i purchase? kohler has some, but i'm not using kohler shower fixtures. can i just get generic valves from a plumbing supply store and use those?

thanks in advance for any advice.

pietre.

Get a Delta 1700T thermostatic valve body. Wide range of trims and finishes available. Put a diverter valve after the mixer. Here is just one example of a multi-function diverter:http://www.deltafaucet.com/wps/porta...Detail#7_C_9RP

Moen, and other brands, have similar products available.
    Last edited by jimbo; 03-05-2007 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Get a Delta 1700T thermostatic valve body. Wide range of trims and finishes available. Put a diverter valve after the mixer. Here is just one example of a multi-function diverter:http://www.deltafaucet.com/wps/porta...Detail#7_C_9RP

Moen, and other brands, have similar products available.
    That link to the delta site just gives a general home page for their in2ition shower heads. A search for model 1700T on the delta site yields nothing either.