Additional sump pump specs advice

Users who are viewing this thread

moggi1964us

Reaction score
I have an existing sump hole with a crap pump that is being upgraded over the next week. It has 1.25" plastic pipe with a Dynamic Head of 8.5 feet; with 5 90' angles and a distance from pump to outlet of appx. 15 feet.

I need to install a new sump pit in the back of my building and am planning to use the same equipment except I wondered if there would be any benefit/disbenefit to using a 1.5" or 2" pipe?
The layout is slightly different as it would have a dynamic head of 8 feet; 4 x 90 degree angles and a distance from pump to outlet of appx. 60 feet.

Here are the specs:

The basement is 68' long by 28' wide.

Current crap pump after moderate rain cycles at 24 seconds in the existing 11" x 11" x 21" hole and pumps for 34 seconds clearing 11 gallons. Under heavy conditions I can cycle as frequently as 12 seconds after reset.

Front sump equipment:

Zoeller N57
Zoeller Aqaunot ll w/ Concorde Deep Cycle 108aH battery
Verticalmaster Switch
18" x 24" Sump basin with lid.
Zoeller 1.25" Unicheck valves.

I intend to duplicate this for the rear sump.

If there is a 2" benefit should I make the front one 2" too?

Thanks and I hope you can make sense of what I am asking.

Morris

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks