3/4 supply.....1/2 section.....3/4 run....

Users who are viewing this thread

jfkopper

Reaction score
" ... I really like those charts about the copper ..."

A master plumber saying he's impressed---that makes my day.

/kop

Randyj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
If it's difficult or serious demolition to eliminate the 1/2" then as MPM suggested, plumb it the easy way... It will take 15 minutes longer to go back and replace the 1/2 with copper than if you did it in the original install... if it don't work like you want then stick the 12" piece of 3/4 in later.....

nbahm

Reaction score
Now it's 3/4 ALL THE WAY!

I finally bit the bullet this weekend. I heated up the old tee and took it out, no problem. Somehow I was able to get enough indirect heat on the new copper fitting (from the extremely small access point I had to work with) to melt some solder (I made sure I used about 6" of solder just to be safe, since I couldn't see the joint and I could barely fit the solder back there).

I did have to (blind) shoot the fire extinguisher a couple times into the wall cavity, though! :eek:

Presure test worked, didn't burn down the house:D , and now since it's all 3/4" I don't have to worry about any restrictions (even if it's not a dramatic change, it always would have been in the back of my mind that it could be BETTER!)

Thanks so much for all your suggestions!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks