Lav Faucet placement

Users who are viewing this thread

dlr77057

Reaction score
I am installling a drop in sink w/ no holes, the faucet will be deckmount. My question - what is the proper distance from the faucet to the sink edge?

the sink is 18 x 13" and has about a 1 inch border, the faucet is a high spout (3.5") and a 4.5" reach, 2.5" diameter. With the countertop 22" deep and the sink at 13", I have ample space to place the faucet. My preference would be to have ample space from the outside edge of the basin to the faucet but of course the water flow has to hit properly.

Can someone give me the rule of thumb on the sink and faucet placement?

Thank you!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
rule of thumb

The only rule of thumb is that there is none. You have to place the faucet after determining any conflict between the spout and sink rim, then the reach of the spout.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks