previous thread deleted

Users who are viewing this thread

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Thread below on "waste connection" deleted as tone and lanquage went awry. For Mike, I am sorry that on Sunday, a day of rest for many, that we were not able to post an immediate answer for you.

For the forum, he needed to connect a new drain to 5" cast iron. Is there a plastice 5 X 5 X 3 wye"

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A five inch fitting is going to be tough, It's dinner time though, so the web search will have to be a bit later.

I'm guessing that a metal five inch is going to be easier to find though.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The only 5" I've seen was in a building in Seattle that was built around 1910. I had to put a saddle on it so I could drain some of the air conditioners.

RioHyde

Plumber
Reaction score
Only one time have I had to deal with 5" cast iron. It was on a VERY old roof drain that got damaged during a huge commercial renovation project in downtown Cincinnati. I was able to get 5" no hub cast and bands, but it wasnt something the supply house had in stock. Give the plumbing supply houses a call....it might take a few days but they should be able to get what you need.

On a side note, I've dealt with alot more 5" clay pipe than 5" cast. NOT fun of course, but doable. An old timer set me on the right path when I was looking for a 5" clay X 4" plastic fernco. Gave me a 6" pl. X 4" pl one and told me to give it a try....worked like a charm. Might be an old trick for some folks in the field longer than me, but it did serve to help me think outside the box a bit.

Cheers!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks