(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: AVG virus protect is crashing my computer

Default AVG virus protect is crashing my computer

Hi All

I have been using AVG virus protection for a few years now on my Millinium Dell computer. Lastnight we updated to AVG's 7.5 and now I can't bring my computer up unless I turn off the AVG Fire Wall device (AVGFWFD.VXD) in step by step configuration boot up mode. I have sent AVG email, but no response yet. Any idea what I can do?

Thanks ahead for any help.

Beary

Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area

If you have windows system, disable windows firewall.

The two are dueling and the software is freezing the system up. When I updated Norton I had this problem because Norton had firewall protection that was being detected by Windows.

By no means am I right or wrong.....just my experience.
    Read what the end of this sentence means.

Quote Originally Posted by RUGGED
    If you have windows system, disable windows firewall.

The two are dueling and the software is freezing the system up. When I updated Norton I had this problem because Norton had firewall protection that was being detected by Windows.

By no means am I right or wrong.....just my experience.
    Well I found the Milllinium doesn't have Firewall Protection, but AOL IM does. Is there a way to turn it off the AOL IM without taking it out?

Beary

Smile

your going to have to uninstall your IM program first but you can get it it back so dont worry.. i have AVG and its great after you uninstall the program you can reinstall it and allow it through AVG and everything should work fine