Dual Dishwasher Installation

Users who are viewing this thread

Dave Meers

Reaction score
Maybe this topic has been covered on the forum previously but I haven't been able to find it. I am building a new house and want to install two dishwashers - one on each side of the kitchen sink. It may sound like we're lazy but my wife and I thought it would be an interesting idea to store clean dishes in one and load the dirty dishes in the other and then alternate running them. A dishwasher cost about the same as a 24 inch wide base cabinet, especially if you find a new one on eBay. I plan to install two air gaps but am wondering how to plumb the air gaps to the inlet on the disposal. Any ideas would be appreciated. By the way, this is a very good forum.

air-gap-dual-2.jpg

Or a dual air-gap which handles two dishwashers.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
2 cents:

Buy an appliance on e-bay, you get what you pay for. And who do you complain to when it breaks, or doesn't come with all the parts? With no receipt ( from a real store) any warranty would be base on serial #. I assume any item on e-bay already has some ge on it.

Clayton

Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
dual inlet airgap

Just use a dual inlet airgap, one less hole in the sink, and just one connection to the garbage disposal. Used them a couple times for dual dishwashing drawers.

good luck,

Attachments

• dual airgap.jpg
    dual airgap.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 1,679

Dave Meers

Reaction score
Dual Dishwashers

Thanks for the info Clayton. I didn't know that a dual inlet airgap was even made. I guess I'll have to start looking for one. HJ, I was originally considering your suggestion but thought you would want the discharge from the dishwasher to go though the disposal in case there were food residue to be ground up. Isn't that why all disposals (or at least every one I have seen) have a dishwasher inlet?

By the way, a lot of stuff sold on eBay is sold by retail dealers and comes with a full warranty - you just have to be careful when you buy. Of course, if I was concerned about my ability to repair appliances, what would I be doing on a forum for plumbing repair?

air-gap-dual.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks