basement floor drain

Users who are viewing this thread

rich-pittsburgh

Reaction score
I just had an addition put on and I worked out with my plumber that I would break up the cement (pain in the butt work!) and finish off filling in the dirt and recementing around the pipes in the ground. Trouble I'm having is that the cast iron drain for the basement floor has about a 5" diameter and the ABS pipe in the floor is 4" pipe. Did the plumber leave the wrong size cast iron drain or is there a special way to connect this to the pipe?

Thanks for the help! Rich

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
There is a rubber connector that you can get that will allow you to transition from 5" to 4". Does this piece of floor drain have a trap on it?

I would call the plumber and ask him if you can replace the the cast with PVC.

I would have thought that the plumber should have connected all the drains for you so all you had to do was backfill and pour concrete?

Call him and talk to him.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks