Faulty Faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

AL_2007

Geotechnical Engineer
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am glad to find this site. Actually it was Speedbump of Pumps&Tanks who told me about it.

Here is my query:

We have a Price Pfister faucet in our kitchen sink and I found this nice diagram of its layout in this PDF:

pdf link

Usually, it operates by lifting the lever, which stays still in the up position until you turn it off. Recently, the lever would fall down slowly by itself, thus turning down the water. So one has to hold it up to keep the water running.

I think that the faulty part is the item 974-035 (some kind of cartridge which operate with some fluid I guess). I wonder if someone would confirm to me that this might be the cause of the problem (and not anything else related to water pressure, etc)? I think I might be able to get this part on-line.

I prefer to fix the faucet if this is the only fault, as the whole unit costs around $166.

AL

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
If you call Price Pfister (1-800-pfaucet) they will probably send a new cartridge. If they don't it is not an expensive part, and is just worn internally. This is a common problem with those faucets. It is definitely worth the effort to repair, rather than replace the whole thing.

AL_2007

Geotechnical Engineer
Reaction score
jimbo said:
If you call Price Pfister (1-800-pfaucet) they will probably send a new cartridge. If they don't it is not an expensive part, and is just worn internally. This is a common problem with those faucets. It is definitely worth the effort to repair, rather than replace the whole thing.

Thanks. I am getting a replacement cartridge. Hope this would solve the problem.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks