(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Faulty Faucet

Default Faulty Faucet

Hi everyone,
    I am glad to find this site. Actually it was Speedbump of Pumps&Tanks who told me about it.

Here is my query:

We have a Price Pfister faucet in our kitchen sink and I found this nice diagram of its layout in this PDF:

pdf link

Usually, it operates by lifting the lever, which stays still in the up position until you turn it off. Recently, the lever would fall down slowly by itself, thus turning down the water. So one has to hold it up to keep the water running.

I think that the faulty part is the item 974-035 (some kind of cartridge which operate with some fluid I guess). I wonder if someone would confirm to me that this might be the cause of the problem (and not anything else related to water pressure, etc)? I think I might be able to get this part on-line.

I prefer to fix the faucet if this is the only fault, as the whole unit costs around $166.

AL

If you call Price Pfister (1-800-pfaucet) they will probably send a new cartridge. If they don't it is not an expensive part, and is just worn internally. This is a common problem with those faucets. It is definitely worth the effort to repair, rather than replace the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    If you call Price Pfister (1-800-pfaucet) they will probably send a new cartridge. If they don't it is not an expensive part, and is just worn internally. This is a common problem with those faucets. It is definitely worth the effort to repair, rather than replace the whole thing.
    Thanks. I am getting a replacement cartridge. Hope this would solve the problem.