Tub drain with AAV

Users who are viewing this thread

The old college try

Engineering Technician
Reaction score
I understand that many of you are not strong proponents of AAV's, however I'm hoping that you can take a look at the configuration that I'm proposing for my tub drain. After the trap I'm going into a tee and then down to the horizontal drain. I planning on going up from the tee into the wall behind the tub with an AAV. I'm not sure if I have the right type of tee, or if I even have the tee tied in the right way. Let me know if you see anything crazy.

By the way, for all of you weekend warriors like myself, I learned this weekend that it's not a good idea to cut through a horizontal drain line with a reciprocating saw while your face is in front of the saw. You can only imagine what came spraying out with the blade while cutting.

Last edited by a moderator:

The old college try

Engineering Technician
Reaction score
Try #2

Well, I gave it another shot. Does this look like it will work? I come down from the tub into the trap, loop around into the tee. From the tee I go down into the building drain and up to the AAV.

tubdrain2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks