Dangerous heating season

Users who are viewing this thread

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score

Cookie

Reaction score
Jimbo, I applaud you in bringing up the subject at this time of the year. The reporters did their job in telling the story, but, they could had, should had, gone a step further and reminded people of certain importances with heating systems, alarm systems, and whatever else, can save a life.

No better investment than a smoke alarm, and having your furnace cleaned and checked, am I right on this? And, being very careful with space heaters.

Randyj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I didn't bother reading the story... I hear it so many times EVERY YEAR...and people just keep on doing it! My mom has some old rental houses. I had one tennant in one of them who had gone in the hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning because she brought in a gas powered generator to run her appliances when the power went off. While in mom's rental house she wouldn't pay the deposit to have the gas turned on so she heated with a "kerosun" heater. She complained to me that her and her 5 kids were always sick and didn't feel good. After she moved out I had to completely clean and repaint the whole house because of the soot on the walls. I'm amazed that she made it out alive. It seems that with all the news stories and warnings we should never hear of these tragedies but they continue to happen.

Cookie

Reaction score
When you weigh how many people there are against, how many warnings there are, it just still isn't enough. That is why, when I am given a chance, I take it, and I wish more people would do the same. It would save more lives. I hate it when I hear those stories.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks