noe angle shower doors

Users who are viewing this thread

vickers57

Reaction score
:mad: I bought a corner shower kit from lowe's.a neo angle shower kit it's a sterling modle N13196A-38 The base and walls went in like a dream. Now the shower door is hell.it has a top track a bottom track. two fixed wall pannels.and a door. my walls are up plumb level. when I install the door on the pivit pins,it bends the pins every time the door opens. I can not find the binding point.also my top and bottom mounting flange dosent line up with the factory drilled holes, I have to angle the tiny screws up or down to hit the holes. Nothing moves up or down just sideways.
ccc17182.jpg
looks great in show room..is there anyone out there who may give me some imformation on how to get this to work..I have 5 bedroom house 8 people and now only 2 bathrooms till I get this fixed Please thanks Roger

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
very mean.....

they make a very nice door, but god help
you if your walls are out of level even the slightest.
or the floor is not perfectly level and falls
in any direction...... or the base is not perfect on the floor level...

then you are screwed

I would rather just pay someone
that does it every day to install one
than to beat myself up all day fighting with it...

and actally I have......it was cheaper for me.....

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I put a 32" shower stall in my basement and use a Sterling door. Even though everything was dead on plumb, square, and level it was a challenge. It finally came together and works fine.

Racer814

Reaction score
I've installed a many a neo angle door and I can' tell you why it's binding without being there.....I used Basco doors mostly

never cared much for anything Sterling...

all I can tell ya is that if your side rails, header and bottom track are plumb it has to be an adjustment issue on your pins

or just a bad product...

Racer814

Reaction score
just looking at the pic it appears to be pretty plumb...your door reveal looks good on both sides

the only thing I can't tell are the door jambs....are the jambs lined up perfectly(or reasonably) with the bottom rail?

have you verified that your pivot pins aren't moving?

vickers57

Reaction score
Neo angle

Racer the pic is from the stirling web site..just a reference.I think the product is bad.my pivit side of the frame dosent even come all the way up to the top rail..Lowes is going to eat this one.Can I buy a door set separate.and it fit my base?

JohnD

Reaction score
You can use any door that is made for your shower's size. Basco has a cross reference section in their catalog that will match your shower to their door. You may pay a little more for the Basco, but you will get a lifetime warrantee. You will only need to retain your original PO# when you buy this door. Then if you ever have an issue you can call them and they will send replacement parts at no charge. With this PO they will know which glass type you have, trim finish, and model number.:cool:

Randyj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I'd bet that you've got something not going in as it should. I recently removed one to level the floor and replace the plastic on the walls then reinstalled it. The screws were a PITA. I plumbed and installed the track to the walls then installed the panels and door the put the trim on the top. It went together with no problem except getting the screws in reasonably well.

vickers57

Reaction score
Neo angle

I fixed it. I threw the dam door away, and installed a curtan. my bath was so small a 5'5"x5'8" the door wouldnt open anyway with the toilet reinstalled.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks