How Good Is Red Jacket Submersible Pump?

Users who are viewing this thread

Daisy

Reaction score
I ordered a Myers Rustler 1/2 HP 12gpm 115V pump and was sent a Red jacket 1ph 1/2HP 115volt 12gpm submersible pump. After waiting a week without water I am furious. I called the dealer and they said (1) I could send it back and wait for the correct one or (2) I could keep this one and they would credit me with $80.00 or (3) I could send it back for a full refund and buy another one locally. Since my funds will by tied up for awhile waiting for a refund I am at a loss as to what to do. Is a Red Jacket any good?? Any help would be appreciated. It is scheduled to be installed tomorrow.

Speedbump

Reaction score
There is very little difference in the two. The only thing I might be concerned with is the new motor that may be on it. Both companies are owned by Pentair and ITT, they jointly are building a new motor which has little to none field experience. I would be leary of anything but a Franklin Motor.

bob..

Daisy

Reaction score
Thanks Bob for your reply

Have decided to go with an Aqua Duty with a Franklyn motor that I can get locally and have it installed tomorrow. The Red Jacket is being sent back. I can not wait any longer without water. Now, all I have to do is fight with the company that sent the wrong one to return my money. Thanks again

Speedbump

Reaction score
I have no idea who made a pump called Aqua Duty. The Franklin motor is good, but I'm not too sure about a pump with a name like Aqua Duty.

Good Luck Daisy

Daisy

Reaction score
to Bob re: Franklyn pumps

Franklyn started producing the Aqua Duty and several other submersible pumps in 2005 according to the info I read. I'll sure find out how it works and for how long starting tomorrow. Daisy

Speedbump

Reaction score
Ok, so that's what they are calling the old Jacuzzi pump that they bought out and started putting their motor on. I like their motors, but I never had any use for Jacuzzi pumps, since the Jacuzzi brothers were bought out by a large conglomerate.

bob...

bjkuhlma

Reaction score
aqua duty

how much did you pay and do you like the pump and is it worth going to the franklin pumps over the berkley/gould, etc

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks